Saturday, February 8, 2014

a wonderful week...

My Amaryllis bulbs are on their second round of blooms. A new stalk popped up and produced four beautiful blooms.

click on the images for close-ups

4 beautiful blooms

I'm working on a project and needed to create some free motion embroidery lace. I learned this technique from Karen Ruane and just love what can be created.

free motion embroidery with bits of cloth on silk net...damp stretching takes out all the wrinkles

embellished with hand stitching
Karen taught how to make ball buttons this week in Simply Stitch 3.

a bead, perle cotton #5

Simply Stitch 3 ends on the 14th, and Simply Stitch 4 will begin on February 24th. If you think you might like to join in, read about it here.

The 2014 daily stitch project continues but really haven't been getting to it every day....but that's ok.

adding some of my stitch to vintage cloth

Last week, I showed you a picture of some yarn I ordered. I haven't received it yet but here's a picture of the scarf I intend to make and the book where it was found.

it will be a challenge

lots of pretty patterns within. you can see some of them on Amazon

Hope you've created a wonderful world for yourself.
CBS has created a marquee as it looked 50 years ago when the Beatles first performed on the Ed Sullivan Show. You can see it here. and I'll end with some Beatle music from the 60s...

Enjoy...








19 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I enjoyed your post!

yvette said...

incredible the things Karen teach you
and the scarve in the almost making looks wonderfull but in a totally different aspect

Rachel said...

A great week, with some lovely stitchery!

Unknown said...

It cheered me up just to read this post. Languishing in the cold.....

karen said...

gorgeous blooms, that was definitely a precious gift. I love to see all your little squares....

Nancy said...

Ball buttons...cool!
Daily stitches are great and I especially love the okay-nees of it NOT being everyday!
Scarf is amazing looking. I love how this "challenging" project came from a book with the word "Laidback" in the title!!
A great week for you Deanna...looks so fun :)

Sweetpea said...

... just love to stop by here and see all the wonderful things you work on, deanna. Am captivated by that free-form lace ... my mind boggles at the potential of making those lovelies!

henrietta (aka ani aka zani) said...

this is quite funny - coincidental.
i looked at that scarf pattern just this morning thinking how beautiful it is - lots of little bits to it to. really needs a focus which right now i can't connect but still a beautiful project. the fme is wonderfully executed and dear little bulb is working hard for you this winter.

Nat Palaskas said...

A good week at your house. Wonderful flowers you get it for the second time! I love the look of that knitting book, you will have fun with it - Hugs Nat

margaret said...

what very pretty lace.

Jane said...

Ooh, what lovely lace. I was revisiting some I'd made this week. Need to get a new foot for the machine to do some more

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the scarf you intend to knit with that beautiful yarn you ordered. It does not look like "Laidback Knitting", (what a great title for a book). That flower is amazing, I hope you are able to dry it and give it another go, next year. Ball buttons look interesting, like they are built on earbuds for headphones. Nice creation of the lace!

Unknown said...

I'm doing Simply Stitch 4 and can't wait to start, though I do need to get a free motion foot for my machine. I want to make lace!

Anonymous said...

Your first lace image looks like wings. That scarf is great! I've ordered up the book from the library to get a better look.

Anita said...

The ball button is so pretty! Lovely embroidery on silk net.
What is the material of the board that you are using for damp stretching?

Maggi said...

Beautiful shading of colours on the amaryllis

neki desu said...

ohh i ♥ the free motion.and you lucky girl,more flowers.

Stitching Lady said...

Your lace is beautiful - the amaryllis seems to be a wonder. And the sample of the knitting - well, I am convinced that I would have ordered it at once. Theses colours are so so good and the design of the scarf, wow!
I made ball buttons, too, with Karen. Someltimes I take them out and look at them.

Peggy said...

Now I remember, I even put that book on my wish list because you mentioned it. It looks so good. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...