Saturday, August 2, 2014

using scraps....

or 'snippets', as Karen Ruane calls them, some interesting pieces have been created.
This first one started out with bits of hand dyed silk and some used Color Catcher Sheets.

click on the images for close-ups.


all stitched down with free motion embroidery

lots of embellishing
 It started developing into a little garden house of sorts...maybe a fairy house....so there needed to be some vines and flowers.
crocheted vines and flowers
 Here it is so far, but it's not finished yet. It measures 8" x 7".

added windows and a door
Then....my favorite....working with vintage lace and embroidery.
This one also measures about 8" x 6".

scraps of vintage lace and linens

tiny prairie points in a lace pocket embellished with stitch


an open window and a shisha mirror.
There is another similar type piece I'm working on called 'cows in a magical forest'. I'll show you that one next time.

Wishing you all a creative week.

14 comments:

Judy said...

Lovely - as always! I am especially drawn to white-on-white, but the first one is magical as well!

Have a great weekend!

xxoo

Debbie said...

Lovely, working with snippets I could do but adding my own work to antique fabrics I would find hard I think.

Karen said...

as always Deanna you have pushed and pushed this process, creating pieces hich are unique and original.

Rachel said...

Delightful scraps and snippets indeed!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Both pieces are intriguing! I'm thinking about hobbits after seeing the first piece.

Jeannie said...

Beautiful work! I love the little fairy house and the white on white is gorgeous. It looks like you have been very busy with needle and thread. Enjoy!

Jane said...

Deanna, I think these have to be my favourite of all the wonderful things you've created recently. Both are such beautiful pieces

margaret said...

know I know why I am saving my colour catchers, definately a fairy house you have there. Lace is so very pretty

Mosaic Magpie said...

I would like to see the fairy house become a real little house with sides and a stitched roof. The white work steals my heart every time, love all the stitches you have added.
Deb

Deb G said...

Oh I thought hobbits too! And I love "snippets."

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Like Karen says, you take a technique and fly! I love the colours of the first one, but the white is beautiful (and you've added a mirror! ).
See you in class.

Mo Crow said...

you make such luscious intricacies

susan hemann said...

Lovely detail! the fairy house is wonderful. Would be so much fun to do. Hope you are having a good week.

Peggy said...

Exquisite is the one word that even comes close to describing these. Wow, Deanna, they are amazing. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...